The Banana bread recipe is the yummiest recipe that can be consumed any time in a day. It is a simple and healthy recipe not only for you but also for your kids to have in breakfast. It’s very simple to make an easy recipe for banana bread without baking soda.
Well, there are several things you can replace with baking soda to make your delicious and healthy banana bread. You can swap baking soda with baking powder or yeast. Replacement of these ingredients will not affect your banana bread and your banana bread will rise equally. So you can easily make your banana bread recipe without baking soda.
What is the difference between baking soda and baking powder?
Baking soda is also known as sodium bicarbonate which needs acidic components to react to form carbon dioxide. The acidity present in banana bread that comes from mashed bananas has a pH value amid 4 and 5. Baking soda needs an acidic agent or ingredient to have the rising reaction whereas, the baking powder already comprises the acid in its chemical mixture. If you don’t want to add baking soda or baking powder then yeast would be the option for you. Yeast just requires moisture to wake up.
BANANA BREAD RECIPE WITHOUT BAKING SODA INGREDIENTS
- Half cup of unsalted butter. (Butter should be softened to room temperature)
- 1 Cup of granulated sugar (You can use brown sugar if you like)
- 3–4 ripe mashed bananas
- 2 eggs
- One tsp of vanilla
- 1 ½ cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp of cinnamon powder
- ½ tsp of salt
- Optional: You can add nuts of your choice
- 1 tsp of cinnamon to 1 tbsp of sugar would be a good ratio for making your cinnamon sugar
Note: If you don’t like to add cinnamon powder, you can skip it.
BANANA BREAD RECIPE WITHOUT BAKING SODA PREPARING METHOD
- Preheat the oven up to 350o
- Take a loaf pan and line it with parchment paper, grease it with oil, and dust little flour.
- Take a mixing bowl and add butter and sugar, gently mix with a whisk or the mixer.
- Add eggs, mashed bananas, and vanilla extract. Mix all the ingredients well.
- Take a separate bowl, add the sieved flour, cinnamon powder, and salt. Mix them well unless evenly combined.
- Add all the mixture of flour in creamed mixture. You can easily mix them well using your spatula.
- Pour all the batter into the loaf pan. You can add almonds on the top if you like.
- Bake your batter for about 55 minutes or 1 hour at 350o in the oven.
- Use a toothpick to test the doneness of banana bread.
- Take out your banana bread baked without adding baking soda, let it cool for 5 minutes in the pan, and then take it out on a wire rack to cool down. Cut into slices and serve your banana bread recipe without adding baking soda.
Don’t you think it’s an easy banana bread recipe without baking soda?
Make your variations in the Banana bread recipe
Your children might love to eat chocolate banana bread. You can add nuts of your choice. You can use almonds, walnuts, or peanuts and mix them in your batter before baking. If you like to add more fruits, then add berries, strawberries at the end.
Use Chocolate chunks or Chocolate Chips in your batter at the end. Let your kids enjoy the delicious chocolate banana bread recipe without baking soda. You can use Cocoa Powder instead of chocolate chips if you like. Adding a fruit cocktail at the end would enhance the taste of your bread.
Carrots can also be a good addition to your banana bread recipe. Shred the carrots and let them sit in a paper towel for 10 minutes to absorb all its moisture, otherwise, it makes your banana bread extra moist.
Benefits of using Banana bread
1. Source of Protein
Banana is a fruit that contains a couple of health benefits. Bananas are not only used in smoothies but also used in cakes, muffins, and bread. The health benefits of bananas help to boost energy. The water content in bananas helps to reduce dehydration. The ripe bananas are rich in calories, fats, and sugar. Therefore, bananas added to bread make your body charged with energy. The proteins present in bananas helps in the growth and repair of muscles. It helps to normalize the blood sugar level and improves mood.
2. Source of Fiber
The fiber content present in bananas is good for the heart. Adding nuts to your banana bread is a good option to make it more healthy for your children. Fiber present in bananas reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease (CVD) and coronary heart disease (CHD). Hence, making banana bread makes your heart strong.
3. Improves Vision
You will surely want to eat banana bread if you will come to know that it improves your eye health. Vitamin A present in bananas helps to improve vision.
4. Good source of Vitamins
Banana bread is a good source of vitamins C, Vitamin B-6, calcium, iron, carbohydrates, sodium, Vitamin A, fiber, and potassium. Bananas are usually added for the taste but they enhance the health benefits of eating bread. If you want a sugar-free recipe for banana bread without baking soda then use whole wheat flour instead of plain flour. You can add brown sugar instead of using powdered sugar to make it more healthy.
Some people add too much ripe bananas to the batter which causes banana bread to be dense. Don’t use more than a cup of mashed bananas, otherwise, it would make your bread dense and you won’t like its taste. It should be noted that this easy banana bread recipe can’t be 100% sugar-free because bananas usually contain natural sugar content. So you can use brown sugar if you are avoiding white sugar.
Make this easy banana bread recipe without baking soda and make your day healthy!
Originally published at https://shahzadtips.com on May 31, 2021.